Growth in 2017
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. 2017 was a hard year for me emotionally. There were high highs and low lows. I experienced a loss, love, success, and "try-agains". I won't say failures because out of every experience, whether good or bad, I learned about myself. Something that research taught me was not to dwell on the failures or what went wrong. Instead, look at it from a different angle and see what good can be learned. This is definitely hard to do, not going to lie. Especially when you put your all into something and it doesn't go the way you planned. But, think about it though....the best innovations came out of mistakes. 2017 was definitely one of those years where I was pushed outside of my comfort zone. Honestly, it needed to be done. There's no way to get somewhere new in your journey by doing the same ol' things.
To get somewhere you've never been, you must do something you've never done.
t w e n t y s e v e n t e e n t a u g h t m e
1. Don't let your fear of coming off as boastful or conceited cause you to diminish your shine. Don't let the insecurities of others cause you to not be proud of your accomplishments. You work hard, be proud!
2. Don't let your desire to make others comfortable push you to be uncomfortable.
3. Out growing people is normal.
4. Everyones path is different. Everyone has different gifts and purposes. Do not compare your life to others'. Do the best with what God has given you.
5. It's okay to talk about your feelings. Be wise with who you share things with.
6. Be self-reflective. You are far from perfect, you do make mistakes. It takes a big person to look themselves in the mirror and realize they need to fix some things.
7. Put God first. Talk to God first.
8. Life can be hard, choose to be happy. Joy is contagious.
9. Sharing your struggles does not make you weak. Sharing your struggles can be liberating and a source of hope for someone else.
10. Communication is key to every relationship. You're getting better at it. You could be better though.
So many people won't be making it to the next year. I am so thankful to be one of the ones that gets to see 2018. This year is going to be filled with ups and downs just like the last, but I am so excited for what the new year has in store for me. Thank you all for always showing ya girl love and support.
Happy New Year Everyone!