Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pennsylvania August 2012-May 2016 Bachelor of Science in Biology, Pre-Medicine & Minor in Chemistry
The Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research, Washington, DC 2011-2012 Department of Entomology, David O'Brochta, Ph.D.
Title: The Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Pupation in the Mosquito, Aedes aegypti. A Model System for Studying Environmental Conditions Related to the Transmission of Malaria
- Researched and analyzed the effect of temperature on the rate of pupation in the Mosquito, Aedes aegypti.
- Created and organized research experiment
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD June – August 2012 Intern (Volunteer)(Substance Use and Disorder Services Unit (SUDS))
- Received clinical exposure accompanying Dr. Alvanzo on patient consults.
- Completed clinical data collection for patients seen by the consultation service.
- Performed follow-up calls to get status on previous patients
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA Sept 2015- May 2016 Intern (Department of Immunology and Dermatology, Melanoma Cell Research)
- Completed PCR test to amplify Braf Gene.
- Used problem solving techniques to figure out further research.
- Cultured mouse cell lines.
- Extracted RNA from BP and BPR20 Strains.
- Completed and ran gel electrophoresis.
- Completed flow cytometry.
- Recorded daily findings and results.
- Completed Western Blot technique
- Working to Complete a publication on Melanoma Research (co-author)
Soderma Dermatology, Laurel, MD June 2015
- Shadowed Dr. Cyl Soden
- Learned sterile techniques when dealing with dermatological procedure
- Engaged in conversation with patients
Truly Blessed Health & Wellness Center, Beltsville, MD July 2015
- Shadowed Dr. Carla Lambert
- Took patient vitals (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate)
- Learned proper patient etiquette
- Engaged in conversations with patients of all ages
- Tested urine samples for pH
- Witnessed proper technique for administering a PAP Smear
Noodles n Company, Silver Spring, MD June – August 2013 Cashier/Salad Preparation
- Took orders from customers, bused tables, and closed shop, which included cleaning and restocking.
- Prepared food for customers.
Rebels Club Lacrosse, Olney, Maryland Summer 2015 Rebels 2016 Black Coach
- Taught rising seniors lacrosse techniques.
- Coached in five tournaments.
- Mentored players.
Drs. Jaffe, O’Neill, & Lindgren, Bethesda, MD May 2016- Present Medical Assistant
- Assists doctors with patients with biopsies: Shave, Punch, ED+C and post care instructions
- Stocks medical and cosmetic rooms
- Sterilize instruments
- Trained in Intramuscular injections, Subcutaneous injections, Phlebotomy, Acne surgery, and Chemical Peels
- Pharmaceutical Representative Liaison
- Preps and Assists with cosmetic procedures such as Neuromodulators, Fillers, Sclero, Microneedling, Fractionated Laser, and KTP Laser
Robert Morris Women’s Lacrosse Athlete Fall 2012- May 2016
- Colonial Classic Hope for the Cure Tournament three years in a row
- National Girls & Women in Sports Day Even three years in a row
- Volunteered with Burke's Extreme Speed Training
Computer: POE Database (JHH), Microsoft Excel (Advanced), OCTAVE, MS Word, Power Point, Access, Clinical Data Collection
Laboratory: Electron Microscope, Gel Electrophoresis, Flow cytometry, sterile technique, PCR
Communication: Completed 12 semester hour communication curriculum
Top 26 Student to Receive President's Undergraduate Award
STEM Deans List 2015 RMU Woman of Achievement Award Nominee January 2015 Northeast Conference Scholar Athlete National Society of Collegiate Scholars Inducted Fall 2013 Founding Member of Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society Inducted Spring 2014 International Baccalaureate Scholar Received Award 2012
Colonial Leadership Academy Senior Project, Moon Township, PA Fall 2015- Current
- Created a RMU Student Body/Pittsburgh Community Drive in collaboration with GlobalLinks Non-Profit Organization
- Collected personal health care items as well as mobility items such as crutches
- Packaged items to be sent to countries in the Caribbean, South America, and neighboring Pittsburgh communities in need
- Raised awareness for healthcare needs in third-world countries
Guatemala Missions Trip, Immanuel’s Church, Silver Spring, MD 2009
- Conducted a summer vacation bible school for children in an Orphanage.
- Served medical supplies to families in the community.
El Salvador Missions Trip, Global Expeditions, Texas 2008
- Conducted summer vacation bible school for community
- Taught community members about Christianity
Girls into Women Mentor Program, Silver Spring, MD 2006-2010
- Mentored and empowered young women through fellowship and teaching.
Homeless Ministry, Immanuel’s Church, Silver Spring MD 2006 – Present
- Conducted bible study and church service for residents.
- Serve food to residents.
Girl Scouts of America- Daisy to Cadet 2002-2009
- Received highest award for Girl Scouts Bronze Award
- Planned, organized, and accomplished a philanthropic project which included raising donations to planted trees in vacant areas.
Robert Morris University Ambassador of Equality Awarded Fall 2015
STEM Dean’s Student Advisory Board Spring 2015-May 2016
Historian, Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Health Professional Honor Society Spring 2015-May 2016
Publicity Officer, Pre-Med Club Spring 2014-May 2016
Pre-Med Club Fall 2012-May 2016
- Volunteered for the Pre-Med Club Bake Sale benefitting Relay for Life.
- Volunteered with the Donate Blood Cancer event to raise awareness about bone marrow donations and to recruit future donors.
Colonial Leadership Association Accepted Fall 2013
- Completed three stages of leadership training.
National Society of Black Engineers Inducted Spring 2014
HIPAA Privacy & Security Training Summer 2014 HIPAA Privacy & Security Training Summer 2015
Captain of Division 1 Women’s Lacrosse at Robert Morris University Fall 2012 - May 2016