I can’t help but reminisce about everything that has happened to me this year. 2016 has been the year of many blessings and new experiences! I'm almost sad to see it go…
Highlights of 2016:
- Graduated from College
- Broke Records with the RMU Womens Lacrosse Team
- Completed my Melanoma Research Internship at UPMC
- Collected over 1,000 Medical Supplies with GlobalLinks
- Found a Job that I Love in Dermatology
- Made lifelong memories with lifelong friends
- Survived the beginning of a long distance relationship (still going on strong!)
- and last but not least… Started MedicallyMicah.com
As I’m writing this, all I can think about is how good God is! A lot of doors were opened for me this year that I could not have opened on my own. Sometimes when you’re in a certain situation and things don’t go as you planned, you become discouraged. (Imagine getting a call and having to get surgery the next day, and not begin prepared for it.. yup that happened to me) But thats life! Not everything goes as planned all the time and that’s okay! You have to learn to roll with the punches. If things don’t work out, believe that there is something better waiting for you! I had to trust and believe that what is meant for me will be for me. I had to make short term sacrifices in order to put me closer to achieving my goals.
2016 was not the easiest and breeziest year: A lot of late nights, a lot of stepping outside of my comfort zone, a lot of hard work. But, 2016 has been one of the best yet! Now 2017 is just a day away. So excited to see what this year will bring..hopefully many Med School acceptance letters! (gotta speak this into existence all day, everyday) I hope everyone has a blessed 2017. Don’t be afraid to take chances. Go after what you want 110%. Most importantly, trust and believe that God has a plan for your life.